Monday, October 1, 2007

Faith

Faith. When we first started this adoption journey I knew it was what God wanted us to do. I still do know. The difficult part is turning your will over to the Lords, and trusting in His plan for us. I know his plan is greater than ours. It’s all about having faith. Yesterday was a humbling experience as friends and family have been praying for us that our prayers might be answered and that our daughter might be able to come home soon.

With rumors now speculating that the wait in China might go up to three years I have been praying for a miracle that she might be brought home quickly, but I am now realizing that maybe that's not "her plan" and just like all our children she needs to be Gods miracle, not only mine. There are so many reasons why I would love to have another baby right now, but I believe I am finally at peace with the Lords will and am ready to patiently wait 6 months or 4 years.

We have done all that we can, and I want to support the Lords plan for our family. I would not want this child to come any earlier than is her intended time. If Elizabeth (from the Bible) could wait her whole life for her first child and always stay faithful to the Lords will, surely I can wait three or more years for our second precious child.

At the end of my scripture reading I always like to randomly flip through the scriptures and see if anything is brought to my attention. I feel like it’s a great communication tool in communicating with God. In reading the scriptures this morning I came across two scriptures that gave me a lot of encouragement.

Matthew 6:32-34
32.... for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

And then I just so happened to flip to one of my favorite scriptures:

Isaiah 43:5-6
5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

What a blessing! I am grateful for this opportunity to learn to have more faith and to trust in the Lord. I am so grateful for His blessings and His mercies. So for now I’m going to try to “take no thought for the morrow,” but, put my trust in Him and seek first the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

China in our Hearts

We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map