When we hit Myrtle beach we warned Connor not to get wet. Our suitcase was packed at the bottom of the trunk and we would not be getting it out. He already got to swim at Charleston so this was just to "see" the beach, a quick stop. We warned him that if he got wet we did not have any towels or extra clothes. He told us that he completely understood and we left the car. This was him when we first got out of the car.

Below is him sopping wet about 10 minutes later. It's just to bad when you "accidentally" fall into the water then have to ride 4 hrs home in your underwear!

I don't know what we were thinking... Like any 8 yr old boy can stay out of the water. While I was watching our boy get wet, our little girl decided to eat sand....

I'm sure the people around us thought I was a bad mom for taking photos while my kid was eating sand. The doctor DID say to let her eat anything she wants to gain weight soooo.... just kidding, but I thought it was so cute I had to take a photo. She will learn soon enough it does not taste that good.
Here is our little lifeguard (just ignore the "keep off" sign) Danny did.

My two boys.....

And my little one...

So Fun!! We knew the vacation would have to end someday. Danny just started back to work and Connor back to school. I cried; really.
It has been absolutely amazing to have Danny on paid paternity leave for three months. We have felt so fortunate. When Connor was born Danny had to go back to work the same day. Ugg! We are now trying to get our routine back. We will see if we ever find it as I'm not sure we have had one before. Connor starts soccer tonight and he is so excited.
Video is up next!!

4 comments:
love the one with her on the lifeguard stand. What a giftttt to have this time together! Enjoy Enjoy the next stage of life! I am sure the best is still yet to come! Love you all- your fans in Shanghai
I was one of those parents who did not approve of the sand eating! I didn't see the pictures until afterwards. Fun times with the family....great pictures sweetie!
It has been so fun seeing your blog. Its alright to eat sand. Helps grind up stuff. Pigeons eat rocks. Your email is onthrunmom@gmail.com? I didn't know what the asteriks were for.
Thanks for the trip into your life. It was fun.
A. K and U. A
Stinks when reality sets back in! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment