What a great Friday!! I opened my email this morning to find.....
birthday photos of my little girl!!
Yippee!!
birthday photos of my little girl!!
Yippee!!
When we got her file and found out her birthday was soon Danny insisted we send her a package and a cake. I can tell he is going to spoil his little girl and I am all for that!
We used a service to send a her cake (a seriously smart woman in China started this orphanage delivery business) and they sent us these adorable photos! Cake service $55, photos of our little one on her first birthday PRICELESS!! (Did you notice the ponytails??) CUTE!!
They have not got the care package that I sent her yet...but I hope they will get it soon.
They have not got the care package that I sent her yet...but I hope they will get it soon.
A few observations. One is her little cheeks are getting chubby. This makes me so happy as we have been praying that she is getting enough to eat.
Next we noticed she is not sitting up by herself yet. It looks like she is propped up by the walker. Yes... she is one and should be sitting up alone, but this is not abnormal for kids in orphanages. For one they bundle them in so much clothing to keep them warm they can't move around much and so they don't have the muscle development yet. Kids typically catch up quickly once they are home.
Another reason could be that she is bundled so much, it's impossible for her to sit up in the photo. Either way we are thrilled that she is getting enough to eat (one of my major concerns) and the cake won't hurt her one bit!
Next we noticed she is not sitting up by herself yet. It looks like she is propped up by the walker. Yes... she is one and should be sitting up alone, but this is not abnormal for kids in orphanages. For one they bundle them in so much clothing to keep them warm they can't move around much and so they don't have the muscle development yet. Kids typically catch up quickly once they are home.
Another reason could be that she is bundled so much, it's impossible for her to sit up in the photo. Either way we are thrilled that she is getting enough to eat (one of my major concerns) and the cake won't hurt her one bit!
We just want to pick her up NOW!! I can't wait to kiss those little cheeks! We are hoping for a June travel date, but it might not be until the end of summer. Stay tuned!

14 comments:
Happy Birthday little one. I can't wait to kiss those little cheeks too!
Andrea, I want to know what the name is! Please post!!!
Ohh..she is sooo cute!! I love those cute little piggy tails too. Diddo on Daniels comment...what is her name going to be? Happy birthday little girl!
Too fun. I had my kids in class huddled around the computer looking at pix! Priceless.
Adorable! She is just too cute. Do they bundle her up that much because it is so cold too?
Andrea and Danny and Connor,
She is adorable! We are loving little Lizzie already. I went little girl shopping today :) Hooray!
love the hair! SO cute!!!! Love you all! Can't wait to hear when you are coming!!! That will be so fun!
So exciting!!! She is beautiful! Love the little pigtails! Have you guys decided on a name yet?
Missy- Good question. Unfortunately a lot of orphanages don't have good heating so the kids stay bundled. It is interesting though because even in the summer all Chinese babies/toddlers stay bundled. Here is what it says in our agencies travel guide:
• Young children are often dressed in several layers of clothing. Be prepared for native Chinese people to instruct you to put more layers of clothing on your child. The belief is that more layers of clothing protect children from illness and other environmental toxins.
Let the child adjust slowly to less clothing.
• Young children typically wear “split-pants” which eliminates the need for diapers or
underpants.
• Due to their several layers of clothing and a lack of individualized attention, children may not have had a chance to master crawling and/or walking.
forgot to say that little Xiu looks very well dressed. Most babies on the street (when it was really cold out) looked just like her. Also her feet look really well convered. And I like the blankets on the floors!
SO CUTE! We just love her and those cute piggy tails!!
Sweet Baby Girl! Happy Birthday!! She is too precious! We can't wait to meet her.
oh my goodness...she is adorable. these pics probably mean so much to you! i bet you can hardly stand just hanging out here when she is over there needing her new family!
oh, and it is totally true about the people there bundling toddlers and babies. we had some good friends with a one year old and chinese ladies were constantly getting mad at the mom for not putting more clothes on her...and it wasn't even cold out!
Post a Comment