
Our agency sent me an email letting us know that China has "officially" received our papers asking permission to "officially" adopt Ming.
Here is part of the email:
Hi Andrea,
The CCAA has issued you a Letter of Intent (LOI) submission date of today, March 26th. The CCAA should issue your family a pre-approval (PA) within about 2 - 5 weeks. After your pre-approval, you will be issued a letter seeking confirmation (LSC). The LSC is the official document stating that she is your daughter. It typically takes about 3 months from Pre-approval to LSC, depending on how long it takes the CCAA to review your dossier. You will need to sign the LSC and send it back to our agency. We will then send it to the CCAA on your behalf. Once the CCAA receives your LSC, they will then begin processing your travel approval. It typically takes 2 - 4 weeks for the CCAA to issue the TA and then you should be able to travel to go get your daughter about 3 weeks after that.
I know adoption has it's own language, but basically what this means is we will travel in about 3-4 months. I'm thinking the middle of June, maybe July. There are extremely rare cases when people have gotten calls and had to leave with a few days notice...so I am getting started on Lizzie's room just in case!
We (Danny, Connor and me) will be in China for about a month to get all the paperwork taken care of. We really want to go a week early and spend time with our friends the Meyers in Shanghai, but we will have to see how much notice China gives us.
We all continue to be on cloud nine and talk about Ming/Lizzie a million times a day. Connor is so excited he can hardly stand it. He keeps telling us about how much he is going to help out, but keeps on reminding us...."I WILL NOT CHANGE A DIAPER!" I never told him he was going to, but I guess he just wanted to make that very clear with us. :)
Here is part of the email:
Hi Andrea,
The CCAA has issued you a Letter of Intent (LOI) submission date of today, March 26th. The CCAA should issue your family a pre-approval (PA) within about 2 - 5 weeks. After your pre-approval, you will be issued a letter seeking confirmation (LSC). The LSC is the official document stating that she is your daughter. It typically takes about 3 months from Pre-approval to LSC, depending on how long it takes the CCAA to review your dossier. You will need to sign the LSC and send it back to our agency. We will then send it to the CCAA on your behalf. Once the CCAA receives your LSC, they will then begin processing your travel approval. It typically takes 2 - 4 weeks for the CCAA to issue the TA and then you should be able to travel to go get your daughter about 3 weeks after that.
I know adoption has it's own language, but basically what this means is we will travel in about 3-4 months. I'm thinking the middle of June, maybe July. There are extremely rare cases when people have gotten calls and had to leave with a few days notice...so I am getting started on Lizzie's room just in case!
We (Danny, Connor and me) will be in China for about a month to get all the paperwork taken care of. We really want to go a week early and spend time with our friends the Meyers in Shanghai, but we will have to see how much notice China gives us.
We all continue to be on cloud nine and talk about Ming/Lizzie a million times a day. Connor is so excited he can hardly stand it. He keeps telling us about how much he is going to help out, but keeps on reminding us...."I WILL NOT CHANGE A DIAPER!" I never told him he was going to, but I guess he just wanted to make that very clear with us. :)

7 comments:
we are so excited for you guys!!!!
love,
the palmers
yay!!!!!!!! only a few more months...i can't tell you how happy and excited we are for you!!!
cant wait to see you all!!!!
You should post pics of her new room when you get it all set up.
The pictures of Lizzie with her birthday cake are too cute! I can only imagine how excited you guys are to go and pick her up! Good luck!
I think I am leaning more towards "Ming," too. I don't know why - she just looks like Ming. But maybe when we all get to hold her she will feel more like a Lizzy. What a fabulous scrapbook this little one is going to have to look back on. Wonder if we can Skype to China?
Any new news?? We are so excited for all of you and to answer Delynn's question, Skype works in china and so does just regular web-cams. Ted and I stay in touch that way all the time :)
Post a Comment