Here is her Chinese name.
秀 华 吉
What is her name going to be now? Good question. We have not decided.
A lot of the girls in the orphanage have the same name. For that reason most people change the girls Chinese name so they will never be referenced to as "an orphan." We will give her a Chinese name and an American one. Does anyone have any Chinese name suggestions?
This is from my great friend Emily (who is now living in Shanghai).
Here is how you say her name:
Xiu is kind of like see- with an oo sound at the end
Hua is kind of like H with a wa sound at the end
Ji- is like the jee in jee whiz
Her "family" name is Xiu- but they would call her Hua Ji. Or some nickname probably based on that!
Em is checking with her Chinese tutor tonight on the name meaning. When we hear back we will post it as well.
Thanks Em
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
China in our Hearts
We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

2 comments:
Andrea, Danny, Connor... I am so happy for you. I love you. I am grateful to be a part of your family here on earth and get to meet this beautiful new daughter of yours. Will you be picking her up before Connor's baptism? Will she be with you in California? I don't know if I can wait much longer than that to see her! I may have to make a special trip! LOVE YOU! ~rach
We look forward to hearing more about her and your trip down to China. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Love,
The Palmers
Post a Comment