Thursday, March 26, 2009

Elizabeth Ming



We finally have a for sure name. Our little cutie will be named Elizabeth (my middle name and my Grandmothers name) Ming (her Chinese name). We might get a Ji in there too, we will see.

We will call her Lizzie but sometimes Connor and I are already calling her Ming, so we will see.

Uncle Ted informed us that Elizabeth has got to be "like the hardest name in Chinese to say," because there is no E or Z sound (can't remember the letters) or something like that. The translation of Elizabeth just does not make it....at all. So, it's good we have her Chinese name.

Ming was a name that came to me a long time ago. It means "brightness." The character is made up with the sun and moon together. I love that because this little girl has already lit up our lives and I know she will bring light to so many others. Plus I just like the way the word Ming sounds....I think it's kind of cute.

So that's it.....Elizabeth (Lizzie) Ming. :)

The Character in the photo on top is "Ming" and has the character for the Sun and the Moon together.

6 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

That is a cute name. She is SO cute. I can hardly wait for you to bring her home. Those pictures just grab at your heart. She doesn't know yet what a wonderful family she'll be coming home to.

Jean Smith Photography said...

LOVE it! if we have a girl, our girls will have the same name!!! we love the name elizabeth (my mom's name) and we would call her eliza. ummm...our babies might look a bit different though...heehee. but, we're convinced we are having another boy, so i guess we don't have to worry about it!

Meyers_in_China said...

what a gift. love you all

KaDee said...

Beautiful name. We're so thrilled for you.

The Robinsons said...

Love the name...so excited for you guys!!!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I have been meaning to tell you forever CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are just so thrilled for your family. I love the pictures of little Lizzie, and also seriously love the name. What a blessing! We'll be praying that you don't have to wait any longer than June, and please let us know if we can help with anything!

China in our Hearts

We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map