Monday, June 1, 2009

Our baby...

So, here is our baby.... or um, tot!



When we found out how much Ming weighed we packed this bag with books until we got to 20lbs. Let me tell you, 20lbs is NOT light. We try to pick up the bag a few times a day to build our back and arm muscles. With the bumbo this is about her height as well.
Connor and I think we should go on a hike and make dad carry the bag so he can get ready for touring with her in China. :)

BTW...Look at how generous people have been in donations (on right)! It amazes me. We have 9 days to raise $500. I totally think we can do it.

2 comments:

carlene said...

I strongly suggest you guys bring a sturdy baby carrier/backpack. We love ours. My favorite that can also pack a ton of stuff inside it is a Kelly backpack that is blue. You can buy it at Toys R Us for about $180 I think. Worth every penny. And then when she starts walking well sell it on craiglist!

Yumi said...

Hey Andrea! The countdown to China must be so exciting! 20lb is sure not light...that's how heavy the bag of rice I bought is! Ha! But, babies tend to hold their weight up which can help make them feel "lighter" My bro in law had a Kelty TC 2.1 Transit Child Carrier. I think you can get it online for less than $100-it looks like a regular backpack but also holds a baby-the best thing is there are NO hard poles hard bars so it's soft and comfortable. Try googling it! Good luck with everything!!

China in our Hearts

We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map