Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fun day for Connor

Andrea asked me to post a blog about how much fun Connor is having and how we are really working hard to make sure he doesn't feel slighted after being the only kid for eight years.  It is kind of fun to finally say "we need to get the kids to bed" except Connor sometimes forgets that "kid" also refers to him!
 
So one of the highlights of Chonqing for Connor is breakfast, so I had to include some pictures of the buffet.  We asked Connor what he was going to do when we go home and there aren't any more pork filled steamed buns.  He got very serious when he realized this and said "that cannot happen". 
 
Another funny interchange that Connor and Andrea had was over the length of a time out.  Connor was awarded a time out and he said "how long will it be?"  Andrea said she would decide once he started and Connor, now accustomed to life in a Chinese Taxi, said you should have a meter like a taxi driver.   Andrea said "keep talking and I will add more time."  And then Connor said "that's why we need the meter because you have to agree to the price before hand and then it can't change."  It was pretty funny at the time watching his little mind work.
 
We also took Connor ice skating and we wore our team shirts. :)    I included a few more pictures of random things we have been up to.  The one picture of the little girl in traditional dress is what the traditional Tujia minority would wear.  We couldn't afford to buy it, so Andrea offer to pay them to take a picture of it.
 
Tomorrow is our last day here in Chongqing and then we are off to Guangzhou!
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom and I are salivating over that buffet! Connor certainly seems to know his way around it. Are we scheduling a little bit of cardio into the day? Actually, those steamed buns sound similar to the famous "Hamboughs (sp)" that Grandpa Elmer loved so much at his favorite Chinese restaurant in Seattle (Tai Tung). I just knew that they were fresh everyday at 11am and that is when we seemed to make our run to Lilly Fertilizer to get lawn seed. So it sounds like Connor comes by it naturally.

We savor those photos! Lizzie helping you with the chop sticks, the team unis while skating, that gorgeous picture of the traditional girl...we just hang on your reports.

This morning we are taking Grandma Parry to breakfast at FGC for her 83rd birthday. I am resigned to Grandpa stealing some of my bacon, so I may just hand it over at the beginning of the meal. You may want to email Grandma. She is slowing down but was still able to go to the SD Temple with us last night. We also took Gerri Rossell, which is the first time we have spent with her since Norm passed. It was a fun, relaxed evening.

I think that Connor has a good idea with the timer--perhaps a little sand dial will cut down on so much negotiating.

Love you guys and miss you. Cannot wait to hug that little girl. And don't think that we don't notice that there is a new outfit in every picture! How much fun is that for Andrea!

Dan and Karen said...

We loved the breakfast buffets too! Are you staying at the Harbour Plaza? We stayed there and it was awesome.

Your journey is incredible! Enjoy Guangzhou, it is beautiful and blissful there! Buy lots to bring home, you won't be sorry!

Karen
Proud Xiushan Mom to Danika Joy
Adopted 9/11/2008

hollym. said...

Conner is such a handsome little man! He sure is enjoying the buffet and juice!:) Glad that he had a chance to skate with Dad.
Take care,
hollym. Xiushan Momma

Molly Bea said...

Wow! I am Trevor Carter's wife, I found your blog from Missy's...I am totally in tears as I've read (multiple) posts. This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your amazing journey!

Ashley H. said...

Wow! Your adventures are so amazing! I am so happy for you guys! Your posts make me cry...well except this one; it makes me hungry. Congrats on having your baby girl now! She looks like she's an angel! Can't wait to meet her some day! Miss you guys!

China in our Hearts

We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map