Happy Wednesday from Chongqing! Jiji slept like a champion last night after a serious bout with constipation. Poor little girl......I hope suppository insertion has some magical bonding powers! Anyway, she was definitely much more comfortable and happy after we took care of that business.
Today we went to Walmart for a few things we needed and then to a large park that overlooked the city and the rivers. Today we tried out the baby carrier and Jiji really seemed to enjoy it. The world has to be pretty interesting when all you have seen are the walls of the orphanage all your life. We came home and took Connor swimming. As the story goes, when Connor and I left, Jiji threw her head back and screamed and went and pounded on the door. How did she know we were going swimming? But we are thinking that is a good sign in terms of attachment and we probably should not have left her and Andrea alone. So the two girls then showed up at the pool and Jiji laughed at her brother swimming in the water. We let her put her feet in the water, but it is a little cool for full immersion.
Tonight we have promised Connor that he can ice skate over at the local mall. He has been a trooper and a really good helper.
I also had to include a picture of her little hand grabbing mine. She is just too sweet for words!!







9 comments:
So she has already learned the "Heid/Towner Meltdown"? She is fitting in perfectly! I know that I would like to ride in the carrier--that looks way fun.
I don't think it is too early to start her on ice skates and to begin thinking Olympics.
Enjoy. We miss you.
I think bonding can take some interesting avenues, and it is amazing how early we females learn that a little drama can bring results...how darling is this that she wanted to go with you? We are eating up every post! Your adventures would make good material for a book. love you!
Looks like you guys are having a blast. I'm coming with you next time!
-Chris
I love that story! She already wants to follow her big brother everywhere! So cute--love the pictures!
We are loving the adventures! She sounds adorable. With kids it's never perfect, but always wonderful and so worth it. You guys are doing great! Can't wait to meet this little girl. Enjoy your fun time with her. Tell Connor hi from all the T's! Love you guys.
Sounds as if Lizzie is bonding very well. Our Xiushan girlie did not want to be separated from us either!! Sort of, "Hey! I've been waiting a long time for my family, don't leave me now!!!:) Have fun!
Man, we have so many questions for you guys. Our girls love the Baby Bjorn as well - plus you have your hands free. Although we're famous for dropping food on their heads when we are eating out!
Oh, so glad the bonding was that immediate! Of course she would want to go wherever the "family" is...
She is beautiful!
(When do you guys come back to the US?)
I have been reading and crying along with every word you guys write! Thank you for sharing with us this special experience. I couldn't stop telling Lane how beautiful JiJi/Lizzi is! We miss you guys! We hope you are safe, rested, and come home soon. We love you, Deserae and family
Post a Comment