Back in the states and Lizzie is now an American Citizen! As the plane touched the ground we all held hands to mark the moment. Lizzie how ever did not appreciate the moment and screamed instead.
Asiana Airlines is outstanding. The flight attendants noticed what a hard 16 hour flight we were going to have with Lizzie on our laps the whole way. She kindly asked some people sitting in the bulkhead seats if they would mind changing rows with us. We switched seats and they pulled out a baby bassinet that they strapped to the wall. It's hard to explain but I will post a photo later. Needless to say Lizzie slept for 12 hours in it!! It was a great flight!
We got in late last night and checked into the JFK Marriott. We had the best nights sleep ever partly because we had already been traveling 24 hours and partly because they had the softest beds ever! For some reason all beds in China are like sleeping on boards. They are so hard and uncomfortable. Even with the long travel hours we still woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep, well Lizzie would not let us go back to sleep.
So this afternoon we get on Jet Blue and fly back home to Charlotte. I can't believe we will be home tonight. This past month is already feeling like a dream. It might be however that I'm not thinking clearly and feel like I'm asleep.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
China in our Hearts
We feel so blessed that through this adoption process we have truly seen God work many miracles in order to bring our family together. When people ask us; “Why international adoption?” The answer is easy, “Because our daughter is in China.” -Andrea

8 comments:
Welcome to the USA Lizzie!! Your journey has been amazing and I've loved following every minute!
Congratulations on arriving in the states AND having Lizzie sleep 12 hours on the plane!!!! WOW!
Karen
Proud Xiushan Mom
Bienvenidos a los estados unidos! What an awesome trip. Now it's time to come on down to Texas for a little fiesta.
Congrats! She's legal and you are almost home. Hooray! It must feel sureal. Love you guys
I remember that moment of touching down in Chicago! Congrats on the new family member being a citizen!
WOW what a flight! Love it!
you guys lucked out with her sleeping.
Welcome home Heid family of 4!!
Dan, Andrea, Connor ~ a huge congratulations!!! Lizzie - welcome home to America. I am a new follower of your journey (from the Xiushan Yahoo Group)and have enjoyed all of it!
We traveled in September (2008) and too flew Asiana Airlines and we all agree they are completely awesome. We saw several other families with the bulkhead seats using the bassinets but sadly there were too many in our party to get those seats. And Wow 12 hours - you are so blessed.
May your days at home be sweet and your recovery from travel be quick!
Ruth
Fellow Xiushan Mom
I am so glad Andrea felt like she had a good night's rest, because my night was horrible!!! Lizzie was up and down and all around for the entire night. She did watch her for a little bit so I could get some rest, but that was one night I'm trying to forget. :)
Post a Comment